My Coffee Date

Thursday, April 2, 2015





The other morning I was up early after going to to the gym.
Mornings are my absolute favorite time of the day.
I had just started to make some coffee when I heard my little man open his door and walk downstairs.
He had woken up quite a bit earlier than normal but I didn't mind because it was 
just him and I awake in our quiet still house.
He saw that I had made myself some coffee and asked if he could have his coffee cup.
He then said, " Mom, let's take our cups outside."
My heart just about jumped out of my body.
I got teary eyed and without any hesitation said, "I'd love to."
He found a few cars on the table and started to do those cool boy car noises that girls will never be able to do and tears just started streaming down my face.

It was one of those moments that I never wanted to end.
I knew that it was a time I would remember for the rest of my life and wish I could go back to.

The fact that he so sweetly came up with the idea of an impromptu mama/son patio coffee date will be something I hope he never stops. I hope that he will always find comfort in being with me just "playing cars" or if he wants to talk. 

My Jojo is a sensitive little one and as he grows older my hope is to foster his love and consideration for people while showing him how to be strong and confident.


Lately, the two pieces of my heart that walk outside of my body have simply amazed me with how fast they are growing up. My sweet Bellamy truly talks like she is 6 years old...and she is going to be 3 in May. She is the perfect mix of sweet and sass. Jojo will be 4 in June and starting preschool in the Fall, so I've been doing all that I can to bottle up every memory of this time with him being at home full time. He is all boy with a heart of gold. Trucks, vacuums, shovels, cars, and dirt are what make that boy tick.

"You 
are the poem 
I never knew
how to write
and this life
is the story
I have always
wanted 
to tell."

-Tyler Knott Gregson-


 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | MLEKOSHI PLAYGROUND |