I Left My Heart in Arizona

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Last Friday night we headed to the airport after Joey finished working with two kiddos who hadn't taken naps only to find out that our flight was delayed a little over an hour.

The kids had fun being able to eat dinner while watching the planes take off...but that only lasted so long! Our flight was supposed to leave at 7:45, but we didn't end up leaving till almost 9:30. You can imagine the relief we all felt when we finally landed in Arizona (which thankfully is a super short flight) and saw Grandpa Steve waiting for us at baggage claim!






Saturday morning my Dad took us to the cutest breakfast spot called The Coffee Shop! I absolutely fell in love with its farmhouse/modern feel. The inside of the restaurant was a bit industrial and simple, but as soon as you stepped outside there was a farmers market attached with lots of green everywhere! Aside from the decor, which is usually all I care about, the food was...as Bellamy likes to say...FANTASTIC!



 Next to this adorable breakfast spot is a huge garden that residents of the community called Agritopia can buy and manage. People were growing all types of vegetables; kale, squash, onions, lettuce, radishes, cucumbers, you name it! On the weekends they all get together and trade what they've grown with each other.  It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen! Now if only I had a green thumb...



After breakfast the weather was so great and warm enough for the kids to play at the community pool/splash pad down the street from my Dad's house. The kids had a blast!


My Dad comes to Las Vegas all the time, but this was the first time we had visited my Dad in Arizona. The kids absolutely love him and they followed Grandpa around during his every move! It was so nice staying with my Dad and his girlfriend, Tracy. The whole time I felt like we were at home and I could tell the kids felt that way too!



Saturday night before dinner we stopped at a home decor store that I found on Instagram that just so happened to be in the same town my Dad lives in! I was so overwhelmed with how beautiful the store was, but managed to pick out a few small things to add to my house!






Sunday before going to the airport my Dad took us to a really great BBQ place called Joe's Real BBQ. The food was great and the atmosphere was so cute.








So, as you can see I went a little picture happy!

We had such a great weekend.

My Dad has always showed such strength, wisdom, and how to not take life so seriously with a little sarcasm and a lot of love...ok well maybe a lot of sarcasm and a lot of love. :)
Every time we say good bye my heart hurts and longs for the next time I get to see him.
It really makes me realize how much I miss living in the same city and being able to see him all the time.
He's pretty darn great and I can tell that Jojo and Bellamy feel that way about him too.





































No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | MLEKOSHI PLAYGROUND |