Comparison

Friday, October 17, 2014

Comparison is something I silently struggle with constantly.
This morning I went to a spin class and found myself comparing my level of commitment to working out to another girl in the class who was super in shape and a hard worker.
Throughout the class watching her had made me push myself to work harder, which was great!
In that case comparing myself to her person was a positive thing for me, however, once the class was over I noticed that she was staying for the next spin class.
I immediately felt my sense of accomplishment deflate and my mind started to think, "wow...she's dedicated. Maybe I should be doing 2 spin classes in a row."
All of sudden me busting out one intense spin class wasn't enough in my mind.

AHH! This thinking is so ridiculous and toxic.

STOP IT JESSICA!
GET A GRIP!
After these thoughts jumped into my head I immediately realized what I was doing to myself.

Then I started thinking about how this is a common pattern for me.
Sometimes when I feel good about something I do, whether it be creating new items for my shop, being a mommy, or working out, I stumble across something that makes me question my positive thoughts.
Sometimes it's almost like I feel guilty if I feel good about myself...sounds crazy, I know.
 BUT...I have come a long way with this burden and have been able to identify when I am doing this to myself and I try and switch over to positive self talks.

Self confidence is a struggle, but over the years I have learned to love and appreciate myself.
I've realized that life is way too short and good to bog my mind and heart down with comparison.
I have two precious babies and an amazingly hardworking husband who need a confident and happy mama/wife.
They keep me going.
They are the fuel for my being.

 I am big on inspirational quotes and I found these 3 great ones on Pinterest that have really helped me:


 So, stay positive and I hope everyone has an amazing Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | MLEKOSHI PLAYGROUND |