A New Season

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

This week we entered a new season of life with JoJo and Bellamy.
Jojo is 3 and Bellamy is 2.
It truly feels like they were just chunky little bundles of joy, but this week it has really hit me that they are entering a new phase of life. 
They are becoming independent little people and as much as I know that that is the progression of life, my heart still aches a little knowing that they aren't babies anymore.
Each day they both amaze me with their new facial expressions, phrases, understandings, imaginations, and ability to now show/tell when they love someone or something.
It's incredible.
It's what makes my heart beat.
I know those of you who have much older kids are probably laughing at me because you wish your kiddos were only 2 and 3 still.
I'm pretty sure, though, that as a parent, whenever you child moves onto a new phase in life you inevitably reminisce about what once was.  

This week a few fun and exciting things happened that I wanted to share.


Bellamy is on her second week of potty training and has been doing so good!
Every morning she loves picking out her underwear...such a girl.
I definitely will not miss forking out the money for diapers, but at the same time it's just a sign that my baby girl is getting older.
Miss Independent.


Jojo started a tiny tots sport class at the community center. 
This is the first thing he has done where he is a part of a class.
He has to line up with the kids, listen to directions, and interact with other kiddos.
Monday was his first time...
He wouldn't let me leave his side...except for when they played with blocks and one of the coaches made him a hammer.
He was all over it!
As soon as the coaches asked them to line up, though, it was "Mommy come with me."
Bell and I sat there in line with the kids so that Jojo could "participate." 
The coaches were great and tried to include him in everything, but with it being such a new experience he had his hands in his mouth and just watched for a majority of the time.
I know that each week he will slowly get more comfortable and before I know it he'll be wanting to be first in line to do the activities.


Bellamy had her first ballet class yesterday.
Walking into the tiny dance room at Studio One Southwest made my heart just about leap out of my chest.
I started dancing when I was 4 and danced at a studio all through elementary, middle, and high school and then was on the dance team when I was in college.
I did ballet, tap, jazz, and hip hop.
Dancing is another thing that makes my heart so happy.
Anyway, back to Bellamy. :)
The minute we started getting ready she cried...she didn't like the tights and then didn't want her hair in a pony tail.
By the time we got to the class she was over it and excited to go in.
During the class there were things that caught her attention and she would do it by herself, but the majority of the time I had to do the moves with her right by her side.
When we got home she said "Dance class...I go back."
Yay!! 

















1 comment:

  1. I love it, Jess! The kids are beautiful and hearing about all their big changes is just bittersweet. I totally understand! Elias is 6 months old, and I mourn that he's not a newborn anymore. Lara and I keep saying that this is all going by too quick, but watching it all unfold is amazing at the same time. You're such a loving mom; it's no surprise your kids are happy and excited to try new things. Love to you, the kids, and Joey!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | MLEKOSHI PLAYGROUND |