Pumpkin Patch

Sunday, October 22, 2017

So I've noticed my blog has turned into a birthday & pumpkin patch only blog.
Hmm...need to work on that...

Life has been so busy lately.
Like busier than I could have ever imagined.
But some how taking our annual trip to the pumpkin patch trip was high on my weekend priority list.

I've diagnosed myself with a "pumpkin problem."
I have an unhealthy obsession with them.
 Last year we bought every pumpkin I liked.
every.one.of.them.

This year, I gave myself a limit and told myself it was ok to leave some of the
good ones for other people to find and that they didn't all need to be in my entryway.
There is something about the odd shapes, colors (orange & white), stem,
 and vines, that speak to my little bumpkin heart.
Pumpkins are just beautiful!

This year we headed to Gilcrease super early in the morning. 
They open @ 7:00 am, we were there at 7:30.
Last year, we went on the weekend later in the day and quickly learned 
our lesson to come before the crowd.

For the first time since we've been going to Gilcrease Orchard, we had to wear sweaters!
It was so great because it kind of felt like Fall. 

The kids found their pumpkins pretty quickly, but as everyone knows who has kids...
right when we were in the middle of the pumpkin patch and far away from bathrooms,
Bellamy had to go potty.
 UGH.

After that was handled, we had such a good time admiring (not picking)
all the gorgeous pumpkins that were there.
 I'm happy to say, I kept my pumpkin problem mostly under control.
It always seems to rear its ugly head as we are walking out of the patch and up 
towards the checkout tent.
It's like I get a serious case of FOMO (fear of missing out)!!
It's crazy, I know.  

"I'm Jessica, the pump-kin queen"
(Jack's song from The Nightmare Before Christmas)

Anyway, going there makes me so happy and making that a tradition with Joey and the kids
is like the icing on life's cake.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | MLEKOSHI PLAYGROUND |