The Orchard

Tuesday, October 27, 2015


A couple weekends ago the kids and I took our annual trip to the pumpkin patch at the Gilcrease Orchard. This time we had a little bit more company though!

My sister-in-law and niece joined us this year for the fun festivities and potentially treacherous trek to go pumpkin hunting.

If you've read my pumpkin patch posts for the last two years you would know that each year either Jojo or Bellamy had a meltdown, which I'm thankful it was one or the other and not both...but made for a slightly difficult time nonetheless.

This year I had my hopes set high seeing how both kiddos are getting more independent and can more easily adapt to new situations. To be honest I thought for sure the meltdown would come from my 1 year old niece, Stella because she is the youngest.

Nope.

To my despair...it was my Jojo who decided to have a meltdown.

He was so concentrated on the wheelbarrow we were using to collect the pumpkins. 
The wheelbarrow was about as big as him and was fairly difficult for a 4 year old to steer. 

Every time I helped him avoid running into an entire family he threw a fit...he wanted to do it!
He was so concerned about the wheelbarrow and being the one that pushed it that he wasn't even interested in picking out a pumpkin.

As the wheelbarrow became filled with pumpkins the situation became even more trying because it had become so heavy that Jojo couldn't even lift it...

 Next year we'll get TWO...one that stays empty for Jojo to push and one for the pumpkins.  

Thankfully both girls were great the whole time!

After that saga ended and Jojo kind of snapped out of his funk, we bought our pumpkins, loaded them into the car and went back to the orchard to go on the hay ride and eat some of their yummy frosted spice donuts and kettle corn!

This year was extra special having my sister-in-law and niece there with us. 











 Going to the pumpkin patch is one of my favorite traditions from childhood and now one of my favorites with my own kids. Not sure the trip would be the same were it not for one of my loves having a little meltdown...although I am still hopefully for a perfectly smooth trip next year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | MLEKOSHI PLAYGROUND |