Advent Calendar - How To

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Growing up my mom always made  decorating for Christmas  such a fun and magical thing.
One of my favorite decorations my mom put up was an advent calendar.
Hers was a wooden frame that had 25 little squares at the bottom for these little magnets. 
Each day we would move a magnet up to the top part of the frame where there was a painted Christmas scene and little magnetic circles for the magnets to go on.
She still has it and puts it up every year!

So to carry on that tradition I made my own version of an advent calendar!




 I found these cute little paper bags at Hobby Lobby.
They are 3.5in x 6.75 in


 I used 3 inch stencils for the numbers and just a black permanent marker.

 I cut pieces of my Christmas ribbon and mixed and matched them with the table dots I have in my shop to decorate each bag.

For inside the bags I got things from the $1 section at Target!
Each bag has anywhere from 1-2 things for each kiddo.
Not pictured: I also used balloons as a bag stuffer too.

To hang it I used fabric ribbon and push pins.
I ended up having to put push pins in the ribbon after every 2 bags or when I noticed the ribbon starting to sag because of the weight of the bags.


Now time to put up the rest of our Christmas decorations!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday!!

2 comments:

  1. This is so, so cute!! I love it!!
    Elizabeth
    www.allkindsofthingsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! So adorable! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | MLEKOSHI PLAYGROUND |