Fresh Start

Monday, October 27, 2014

This weekend was full of reminiscing, laughter, and love.
My grandpa and step-grandma came to visit us from Oregon.
 We hadn't seen them in a long time, so lots of belly aching laughs and good storytelling was rampant all weekend.

On Friday night my dad drove in from Arizona and my brother flew in from California.
They stayed at our house, which is always the most fun.
  What's better than to come downstairs and wake up your uncle and grandpa with a big "SURPRISE! Good morning!"
The kids just absolutely adore them.

Saturday after lunch was when my grandpa & Vivian got here.
Boy was it good to hug them!!
My grandpa is the funniest man you will ever meet.
His stories, facial expressions, and voices will make you laugh until your tummy hurts!
 Vivian is the most genuine person and the one who sparked my interest with crafting when I was younger.
The two of them together though, my grandpa and Vivian, are so thoughtful, purposeful, and caring.
They both connected with the kids right away and had them laughing and experiencing the kind of "magic" I felt from them as a kid.
Seeing them this weekend has made me feel so incredibly grateful.
This weekend made me realize that love knows no distance.
Life takes us to different places and sometimes can put some distance between people, but the one thing that remains true is love.
No matter the distance, the love that is in your heart for someone will always prevail and keep you forever connected.
My heart is so full.
Grandpa was pulling money out from behind Jojo's ear :)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | MLEKOSHI PLAYGROUND |